The Dodge Brothers split as a supplier to Henry Ford and began production of their ownvehicles at the newly integrated Hamtramck Plant. The plant which was originally designed byAlbert Kahn, covered 75 acres and employed 15,000 men and women who lived in Hamtramck
The residential wooden framed structure located at was built
Within a seven year span the number of vacant lots in the City of Hamtramck rapidly filled up ashomes were being built for the workers in the automotive industry
In an effort to alleviate blight and to revitalize neighborhoods, The City of Hamtramck partneredwith local nonprofits to deconstruct vacant homes.
The Prescott House lives on as the lumber once used in this residential structure has beenturned into various items of home decor.
City of Detroit Buildings and Safety Department
City of Detroit, Assessment Division, (Detroit, MI)
Detroit, MI, City Directories, 1890-1960, (Detroit, MI; The Burton Historical Collection)
The City of Detroit, Michigan, 1701-1922, Volume 1 By Clarence Monroe Burton, William
Stocking, Gordon K. Miller
Wayne County, Treasurer’s Office, (Detroit, MI)